North Merchiston Church was situated at the corner of Slateford
Road and Hermand Crescent. It was demolished in 1988.
Unfortunately the War Memorial did not survive when the
church was demolished. Only an old print of a photograph
Rev. W. H. Kilpatrick was minister there during the first
World War. His son, Robert died during this conflict and
his name is on the memorial.
of Gorgie Mission and Faith Church" which was
published in 1899 states that Rev. Kilpatrick was ordained
became minister of Gorgie Mission, during which time they
were strongly recommended to build a new church in a prominent
Slateford Road. This was completed in 1896 and became known
as North Merchiston Church.