All your needs for
MASTER CLASSES, DRAMA
Seating for over 500
Concert Grand Piano
Raised performance area
Green Room facilities
Parish Church, is a very significant 19th century parish church on a prominent
site in western Edinburgh. It is 'A Listed' and generally regarded as
the best church in Edinburgh of its style and period. Designed by John
Honeyman and built in 1883, it 'stands head and shoulders above the rest'
of the 19th century churches in Edinburgh, according to The Buildings
of Scotland: Edinburgh (p.42). The great tower is a prominent
and loved landmark; and the well-kept gardens surrounding the building
are an appreciated local amenity.
is a Reid-Sohn Grand Piano purchased new in 2000 from the Edinburgh company
of Alan Makin & Sons. A very attractive instrument for use in solo
recitals, chamber music and accompanying.
was originally built in 1895 by Brinley & Foster (German), the completed
first version comprised 2 manuals with 22 stops. Overhauled in 1911 by
B&F and again by Rushworth & Dreaper in 1959. A further rebuild
in 1974 by Edinburgh builder Robert Goldsmith contained 2 manuals &
23 stops. The organ was again overhauled in 1986 by Rushworth & Dreaper
and has a good selection of versatile stops. It is maintained by the former
Rushworth & Dreaper, now Forth Pipe Organs.